Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
Thomas P. Finley, Jr. can represent you or a member of your family who has been injured by a distracted driver.
The U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) published the Traffic Safety Facts Research Note dated September 2010. The following are some of the key facts and statistics from the Research Noted titled “Highlights” for Distracted Driving 2009:
· In 2009, 5,474 people were killed on U.S. roadways and an estimated additional 448,000 were injured in motor vehicle crashes that were reported to have involved distracted driving (FARS and GES).
· Of those people killed in distracted-driving-related crashes, 995 involved reports of a cell phone as a distraction (18% of fatalities in distraction-related crashes).
· Of those injured in distracted-driving-related crashes, 24,000 involved reports of a cell phone as a distraction (5% of injured people in distraction-related crashes).
· Sixteen percent (16%) of fatal crashes in 2009 involved reports of distracted driving.
· Twenty percent (20%) of injury crashes in 2009 involved reports of distracted driving.
If you or a member of your family has been injured by a distracted driver, you have a right to be upset. No person has a right to put the safety of others at risk by distracted driving. Accident attorney Thomas P. Finley is committed to holding distracted drivers responsible for their negligence. To discuss your injury claim with me concerning a distracted driving accident CONTACT my law office in Dallas.